Library: Group 1 1:50-2:35
Library Group 2:1:50-2:35
**Please remember that every Monday and Wednesday, students should bring their gym shoes to school to change into. Boys should wear an undershirt under their polo and girls should wear navy shorts under their jumpers!
** Library takes place on a bi-weekly basis. So we will attend every other week.
Monday- Reading comprehension assignment
***All weekly homework is due on Friday unless told otherwise!***
Book in a Bag
These assignments will be sent home at the beginning of each Superkids unit with a due date attached. You will typically have about 1-1/2 weeks to complete each assignment. However, each unit varies so look for due dates on these assignments!!!
***Reading for at least 15 minutes every night and practicing addition math facts is also considered standard homework.
Things to look for in January!!!
· January 8th- Classes resume
· January 9th- Hot Food Day
- January 12th - Six Flag Reading Logs Due
· January 15th-NO SCHOOL in observance on Martin Luther King Day
· January 16th – Parent Fairy Tale Due
· January 18th – Fairy Tale Character Due, January Happy Birthday Jeans Day
· January 19th- First Grade Mass, Talent Show, End of the 2nd Quarter
· January 28th- Catholic School’s Week Mass (9:00am) and Curriculum Fair
· January 29th- Souper Bowl Collection Week
Fairy Tale Unit
January also begins are fairy tale unit. We will be reading many of the classic fairy tales and doing many activities to go with the stories. The first graders will be writing creative stories. They will imagine they are one of the three little pigs in The Three Little Pigs and also write a persuasive piece about fairy tales. The first graders will be creating fairy tale books throughout this unit. These projects will all be displayed at the curriculum fair, Sunday January 28th. Listed below are some special project due dates! Look in your child’s backpack for more information!
· Create your own Fairy Tale Character-Due Date Thursday, January 18th.
· Parent Fairy Tale-Due Date Tuesday, January 16th
· Curriculum Fair-Sunday, January 28th -Children are welcome and encouraged to attend to show you their special projects!! Students can also dress up as their favorite Fairy Tale Character if they wish!!
Looking Ahead to February!
· February 2nd – Distinguished Graduate Mass
· February 6th- Hot Food Day
· February 14th: Ash Wednesday Mass 8:15 (Chapel)
o Valentine Parties--A special valentine note will be going home explaining how we celebrate this special day!!
· Friday, February 16th: 11:30 Dismissal
· Monday, February 19th: No School (President’s Day)
· Tuesday, February 20th: Hot Food Day
· Friday, February 23rd : 3rd Quarter Interims