**Please remember that every Monday and Wednesday, students should bring their gym shoes to school to change into. Boys should wear an undershirt under their polo and girls should wear navy shorts under their jumpers!
** Library takes place on a bi-weekly basis. So we will attend every other week.
Monday- Reading comprehension assignment
***All weekly homework is due on Friday unless told otherwise!***
Book in a Bag
These assignments will be sent home at the beginning of each Superkids unit with a due date attached. You will typically have about 1-1/2 weeks to complete each assignment. However, each unit varies so look for due dates on these assignments!!!
***Reading for at least 15 minutes every night and practicing addition math facts is also considered standard homework.
Things to look for in January!!!
· January 7th- Classes resume
· January 11th- Six Flags Reading Log due
· January 15th- Hot Food Day & Parent Fairy Tale due
· January 17th- Fairy Tale character due & Talent Show at 1:30
· January 18th- 11:30 Dismissal
· January 21st-NO SCHOOL in observance on Martin Luther King Day
· January 24th- January Birthday and Shining Star Dress Down Day
· January 27th- Catholic School’s Week Mass (9:00am) and Curriculum Fair immediately following in the school
· January 28th- Souper Bowl Collection Week
· January 29th- Hot Food Day
Fairy Tale Unit
January also begins are fairy tale unit. We will be reading many of the classic fairy tales and doing many activities to go with the stories. The first graders will be writing creative stories. They will imagine they are one of the three little pigs in The Three Little Pigs and also write a persuasive piece about fairy tales. The first graders will be creating fairy tale books throughout this unit. These projects will all be displayed at the curriculum fair, Sunday January 28th. Listed below are some special project due dates! Look in your child’s backpack for more information!
· Create your own Fairy Tale Character-Due Date Thursday, January 17th.
· Parent Fairy Tale-Due Date Tuesday, January 15th
· Curriculum Fair-Sunday, January 27th -Children are welcome and encouraged to attend to show you their special projects!! Students can also dress up as their favorite Fairy Tale Character if they wish!!
Looking Ahead to February!
· February 1st – Distinguished Graduate Mass
· February 12th- Hot Food Day
· February 14th: Valentine Parties--A special valentine note will be going home explaining how we celebrate this special day!!
· Friday, February 15th: 11:30 Dismissal
· Monday, February 18th: No School (President’s Day)
· Tuesday, February 26th: Hot Food Day